Application Development Specialist
The Application Development Specialist requires extensive knowledge of programming languages and Application Engineers develop purpose-built software programs for our clients to use. They collaborate with other members of the development team on software projects, design complex software programs and applications, and incorporate client feedback into our software product development.
Duties will primarily include building software that is simple to use and that makes daily task completion highly efficient. They will be involved in writing code, modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new uses, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. Additionally, they will be entrusted with conducting system testing, and validation procedures, and working with users on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Understanding client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals, business analysts, and end-users to set specifications for new applications
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Testing and deploying programs and applications
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and improving existing software
- Reviewing and assessing user feedback to improve software performance and features
- Develop technical documents and diagrams to accurately represent application design and code
- 2+ year of experience
- Either a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical work experience
- Proficient with .NET Framework or .NET Core, and familiarity with C#.
- Experience with ASP.NET or another web-server technology
- Good grasp of common design patterns such as MVC, MVVM, Services, Factories, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of databases, SQL and relational data
- Understanding of Unit Testing and its practical application to development
- Ability and flexibility to learn new software and technology
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of SQL and relational data. Entity Framework
- Understanding of source control, specifically Git
- Understanding of agile
- Familiarity with templating libraries such as Razor, Vue, React, etc.
- Familiarity with MVC/MVVM
- Familiarity with Microsoft DevOps, Xamarin, Bootstrap
- Ability to sit for extended periods of times
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.