Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Perform a variety of selected patient care tasks under the direction of the charge nurse to assist medical and nursing personnel in the examination, treatment and care of patients.
Reports To: Charge Nurse or Nursing Supervisor
1. Minimum of high school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
2. Certified/Registered in the state of practice.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
1. Participate in patient care assessments.
2. Assist patients in maintaining optimum nutritional status.
3. Assist patients in maintaining optimum bowel and bladder functions.
4. Assist patients in participating in therapeutic activities.
5. Assist in development of patient treatment plans.
6. Provide direct patient care in accordance with treatment plans as directed by the Nursing supervisor/Nurse manager.
7. Demonstrate understanding of and utilize proper infection control policies/practices.
8. Accompany patients as needed to various activities and functions.
9. Complete required documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
10. Participate in the restorative nursing program.
11. Maintain a clean, safe and secure environment for patients.
12. Act in compliance with all corporate, state, federal and other regulatory standards.
13. Attend meetings and in-service sessions as directed.
14. Access continuing education opportunities as appropriate to discipline in order to maintain clinical currency.
15. Participate in the quality improvement process by responding appropriately to results of medical records audits, patient satisfaction surveys, safety activities and regulatory requirements.
16. Participate in the quality improvement committee/activities as requested and promote quality improvement.
17. Will participate in the facility safety program and assist in promoting the awareness of safety issue
18. Will participate in the Facility Safety Committee, as requested.