The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care in accordance with established plans.
Reports To: Nursing Supervisor
1. Completion of an approved course of practical or vocational nursing study.
2. Valid license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of practice.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Assess patient’s medical status.
2. Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, assist in the implementation of the patient’s treatment plan.
3. Provide routine nursing services for patients as Supervisor.
4. Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described by the facility.
5. Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Provide regular patient status updates and to appropriate personnel.
7. Attend and participate in department/facility meetings as required.
8. Act in compliance with the facilities regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
9. Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
10. Participate in the quality improvement process by responding appropriately to results of medical records, audits, patient satisfaction surveys, safety activities and regulatory requirement.
11. Participate in Quality Improvement Committee/activities as requested and promote quality improvement.
12. Will participate in the Facility Safety program and assist in promoting the awareness of safety issues.
13. Will participate in the facility safety committee as requested
14. Perform other work related duties as assigned.