Non-Certified Nursing Assistant (NCA)
Perform a variety of selected patient care tasks under the direction of the supervisor, charge nurse or Director of In Home Services to assist medical and nursing personnel in the examination, treatment and care of patients, also to include light housekeeping, meal preparation and tasks.
Reports To: Supervisor and/or Director of In Home Services
1. Minimum of high school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
1. Participate in patient care assessments.
2. Assist patients in maintaining optimum nutritional status.
3. Assist patients in maintaining optimum bowel and bladder functions.
4. Assist patients in participating in therapeutic activities.
5. Assist in development of patient treatment plans.
6. Provide direct patient care in accordance with treatment supervisor/Nurse manager.
7. Demonstrate understanding of and utilize proper infection control policies/practices.
8. Accompany patients as needed to various activities and functions.
9. Complete required documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
10. Participate in the restorative nursing program.
11. Maintain a clean, safe and secure environment for patients.
12. Act in compliance with all corporate, state, federal and other regulatory standards.
13. Attend meetings and in-service sessions as directed.
14. Access continuing education opportunities as appropriate to discipline in order to maintain clinical currency.
15. Participate in the quality improvement process by responding appropriately to results of medical records audits, patient satisfaction requirements.
16. Participate in the quality improvement committee/activities as requested and promote quality improvement.
17. Will participate in the facility safety program and assist in promoting the awareness of safety issues.
18. Will participate in the Facility Safety Committee, as requested.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Dedicated Nursing Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer